Base; Wet n Wild Craze in Morbid. Dots are done with China Glaze in Millennium stamped using Konad m45, stripe done with L.A. Colors Art Deco in Silver. Both polishes are opaque in 1 application. Base coat used Sally Hanson Hard as Nails, top coat used Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.
I don't wear make-up on a regular every day basis. However, I have been wearing more lately and I thought that if I was doing my nails so I could apply to schooling for a nail technician, that if I was also applying for esthetics I should probably do my make-up as well! Unfortunately I couldn't color coordinate my top and make-up since most pinks wash me out if I'm not balancing it with a black eyeshadow I went with purple. Claire's Poptimistic set in the light and dark purple. I've never used any of Claire's other eyeshadow palettes so I can't speak to those. But I got this set of 10 eyeshadows for $6 and it's some of the most pigmented eyeshadow I've ever owned. Granted, I don't spend much on make-up so interpret how you will, but for $6 and some great colors it's a deal you can't beat. One of these days I'll have to review the other colors. [black, white, light and dark purple, lime green, dark pink, a muted pink, a dark and light blue and a torquise.]
When deciding to take this plunge I had originally only decided on nail technician. However to get a certificate in esthetics was only $1000 more in tuition and I imagine is something that will benefit me later on so why not? I had a vague idea of what it included, specifically I thought it had to do with the application of make-up. While that is it, it's quite a bit more than I expected or planned on doing. Now that I've signed up for it though why not?
"Estheticians, also called skin care therapists, work at salons, day spas, and medi-spas. Estheticians are trained in the cosmetic treatment of the skin. They perform various cosmetic procedures including facials, body treatments and waxing. .....
What an Esthetician Can Do for Your Skin:
- Give facial treatments, which may include deep cleansing exfoliation, and facial massage.
- Extract, or cleanse out, non-inflamed pore blockages and blackheads.
- Advise on the proper care of your skin.
- Recommend appropriate skin care products for your skin type, including over-the-counter acne treatments. They will typically have these products available for you to buy and take home on the day of your service.
- Perform certain specialty treatments, like microdermabrasion and light chemical peels (in most states)." http://acne.about.com/od/diagnosisofacne/f/whatisesthetics.htm