Monday, June 7, 2010

M.I.A

last published on Jan 31, 2010

Wow, has it really been that long?  I suppose it has to be since that is what my page says.   Coincidentally this is the same day I started volunteering again at a website I frequent and about a week before we really got to work planning my friend's wedding.   It makes sense since the wedding had consumed my life after this point that my hobbies would suffer.   But enough of that now! 

Starting tomorrow, June 7, 2010 I'm going to be taking the first steps to applying to a local beauty college to get certified as a nail technician.   It's something I've thought about doing in the past but for one reason or another I put it off.   Last night the mother of a little girl I babysit sometimes asked me whey I didn't get into it after seeing some of my nails on Facebook.   We talked about it a little and I mentioned that I actually was interested in it, but that I just hadn't been motivated to look into it.   She brought up the local beauty college and how it seemed like it was fairly easy to get into to do.  The selling point however was her mentioning that at her daughter's salon they actually have an area for a nail technician, but don't have anyone to do nails.  I was sold.  I know her daughter and have actually been into the shop, which was just a blast.    It didn't just pique my interest, I'm consumed by the idea now.   Naturally this occurs on a weekend when I'm unable to actually call around and get the information!

I'm excited, perhaps in the near future I can learn to do one of my favorite hobbies better and get paid for it.   Win, win.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. I hope you post your nail adventures here.
    I'm a new follower.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete